Follow on Reverbnation!

Richard%20PageQuantcast

Tuesday 22 November 2011

My Tour With Amy Brandon - the Beginnings

I am extremely fortunate to be on tour with Amy Brandon this week. Our tour covers Halifax, Fredericton, Moncton, Tatamagouche and Truro. One of the beautiful things about this tour is that we are performing an all original programme (except for Amy's reworking of Skylark).

I first met Amy when she dropped by one of my shows at the Rainbow. Our mutual friend, Matt Aston, was my drummer and went to school with Amy.

Roughly a year later, Amy was playing at the Avant Garde in Ottawa, with Matt, and I dropped in with my horn. I sat in with the group and at the end of the night Amy asked me if I'd be interested in touring at some point.

In February, the dates were firmed up (for the most part) and in October the charts were exchanged.

I'll continue in my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment